Master Property Management Association
Special Board Meeting Minutes – draft
November 6, 2022
VGC Board of Directors – Linda Olson, Dick Cook, Marie Evans, John Cress, Mike Serra
Quorum Call – Four Board members present Linda Olson, Marie Evans, John Cress, and Mike Serra. Absent – Dick Cook, Quorum is met.
President Linda Olson called a Special Board Meeting to discuss the nominations procedure for the 2023 Board Elections.
The Governor’s Proclamation that was in place during the Covid Pandemic expired on October 31, 2022. Therefore, the Board is clarifying the procedure for nominations and elections.
Motion by John Cress, seconded by Mike Serra: That the MPMA Board adopt the document presented at this meeting as the nominations procedure for the current election cycle and posted appropriately as soon as possible. THE MOTION CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY.
Elections will be held at the MPMA Annual Membership Meeting on December 4th, 2022.
Marie moved to go into Executive Session for the purpose of discussing legal matters. Linda seconded. THE MOTION CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY. The motion and passage was repeated to come out of Executive Session.
Adjournment – Linda adjourned the meeting.
Villages of Garrison Creek Master Property Management Association (MPMA)
Procedure for 2022 Nomination and Election of Directors
The business of the VGC shall be managed by a board of seven Directors that are elected by association members at the Annual Meeting. They will serve one-year terms, from January 1 to December 31 of the year immediately following their election. The Board of Directors may fill vacancies on the board for the duration of the departing director’s term.
- Advance nominations by the current Board of Directors.
- Advance nominations by a member or group of members of the MPMA within the specified open nomination time period.
- Annual Meeting nominations from the floor during the designated agenda time.
Criteria for Nominees:
- Must be a member in good standing, i.e.: not delinquent in payments owed to the association for assessments or fines and not have unresolved violations of the association’s governing documents or Land Use Standards.
- Must not be a co-owner or associate in a separate interest with another person who is a nominee or director.
- Must not be a convicted felon.
- Must not be involved with litigation as a plaintiff against the association and/or a director.
Approval of Nominees for Ballot Consideration:
Advanced nominees must be approved by the Board of Directors or their designee(s) as meeting the criteria.
Floor nominations for write-in candidate(s) must be certified by the Board of Directors or their designee(s) as meeting the criteria. Write-in candidates that are not certified as meeting the criteria will not be counted or announced in the vote tally and election results.
Official Notice of Advance Nominees:
The Board of Directors will notify members of approved advanced nominees via email and notices in the flyer boxes on or near the mailboxes in each village prior to the Annual Meeting.
Ballot Distribution and Voting:
The names of qualifying nominees will be placed on the official ballot and distributed at the Annual Meeting. Space on the ballot for write-in candidates will be provided.
The seven qualifying nominees receiving the greatest number of votes in the official count of ballots will be notified of their selection as a Director by email the day following the Annual Meeting. After notification of the selected candidates, they will be introduced via email as the new members of the MPMA Board of Directors
Requirements for Member Nomination of Candidates:
Member(s) may nominate a person for consideration as a candidate for director. The person(s) submitting a name for consideration must submit the following current information in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the announced deadline:
- Name, mailing address, email address, and phone number of the member being nominated.
- Name(s) of member(s) submitting the nominee for candidacy consideration.
- A brief written statement by the nominee (200 words maximum) including the following:
- How long the nominee has been an MPMA member and VGC resident.
- A declaration that they meet the stated criteria.
- Why the nominee wishes to be considered for service as a director.
- The nominee’s vision for the VGC.
- Leadership and/or volunteer service in this or another HOA.
- A JPEG file of a medium-resolution headshot photograph of the nominee shall be attached to the nomination email.
Incomplete nomination submissions, missing any of the items
above in the initial submission email, will not be advanced for
Appointment of Officers
The newly elected directors will caucus to appoint officers of
Board of Directors – President, Vice President, Secretary, and
Treasurer – prior to the beginning of their new board term.
Note: The terms and abbreviations for the VGC, MPMA, and HOA are used interchangeably for the purposes of this document.