The business of the VGC is managed by a Board of seven directors elected by association members at the Annual Meeting as specified in the bylaws. The election will occur at the annual meeting on Sunday December 10, 2023.
- Advance Nominations by the current Board of Directors or an ad hoc Nomination Committee.
- Advance Nomination by a member or group of members within the specified open nomination time period (October 25 through November 17, 2023 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the name(s) of member(s) submitting the nominee for candidacy consideration.
- Advance Nomination by an individual member who wishes to submit their own name for nomination.
- Annual meeting nominations from the floor during the designated agenda time. Floor nominees are encouraged to be present to accept nominations and shall have the opportunity to present a 2 to 3 minute written or verbal statement comparable to nominee recommendations below.
Provide in a single email to email@example.com by the announced deadline the following information:
- Name, mailing address, email address, and phone number of the nominee.
- A brief written statement by the nominee (300 words maximum) including the following:
- If a member, how long the nominee has been a MPMA member and if a VGC resident, how long.
- Why the nominee wishes to be considered for service as a director.
- The nominee’s vision for the VGC.
- Leadership and/or volunteer service in this or another HOA.
- A JPEG file of a medium-resolution head shot photograph of the nominee shall be attached to the nomination email.
Nominations will be posted to the website upon receipt with pictures. A printed list of candidates and their bios will be available at the Annual Meeting on December 10.
Ballot Distribution and Voting
- The names of advance nominees will be placed on the official ballot distributed at the annual meeting.
- Space on the ballot for write-in candidates will be provided.
- The seven nominees with highest number of votes will be announced after votes are tallied by non-nominee members designated by the Board.